1 Introduction …………………………1
2 Who we are …………………………..1
3 Information collected …………….2
4 How we use your information…………….3
5 Disclosure of information………………4
6 Information Security ………………….4
7 Access to your personal information …….4
8 Correction of your personal information….4
9 Definition of personal information ……..5
10 Changes to this notice………………..5
11 Our Contacts ……………………5
We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this website. As a result, we would like to inform you regarding the way we would use your Personal Information. We recommend you read this Privacy Notice and Consent so that you understand our approach towards the use of your Personal Information.
By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission –where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy. By using this website, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Privacy Notice and Consent to Use of Personal Information (the “Privacy Notice and Consent”) and agree that we may collect and use your Personal Information in accordance therewith.
If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to provide any Personal Information, which may impact our ability to support you as a customer or supplier. This Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our Terms and Conditions of Use, and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa. This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act). At Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School are committed to protecting your privacy impact and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and openly.
- Who we are:
Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School NPC
We provide training for new entrants and exciting people that want to enhance their knowledge in the diamond and gemstone industry
- Information collected
Collection of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to provide you with access to our services, this helps us improve our services to you, and supports our relationship with you. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
We collect information directly from you, where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Information we collect from you are:
- Name of Student, Contact.
- Address: Student and Guardians Name and address
- Email Address: Work and home
- Telephone Number of Student and Legal Guardian Contact.
- Mobile Number of Student and Legal Guardian Contact.
- Id Number or Passport Number of the Learner
- Emergency contact and number
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We may automatically collect non-Personal Information about you, such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate details that you have submitted to the site. You cannot be identified from this information, and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this website.
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the POPI Act on privacy in electronic communications.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browsers navigate a website, and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies, it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent.
How do I reject and delete cookies?
- Use your information
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- Analyse the effectiveness of our institution.
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using and link this to your Personal Information to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you.
- Evaluate the use of the site and services
- For audit and record-keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Make the site easier to use and give you easy access to preferences, logistical arrangements, and other needs
- Personalise your website experience, as well as evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- To assist with the development of the institution
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security purposes
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so, or you have previously requested a product or service from us, and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To respond to your queries or comments
- We will also use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Where we collect Personal Information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
- You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties
- Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover the following:
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
- Access to personal information.
- Computer and network security.
- Governance and regulatory issues.
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- Monitoring access and usage of personal information.
- Physical security.
- Retention and disposal of information.
- Secure communications
- Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this, contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our home page and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
- Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to the Personal Information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date by notifying us of any changes, we need to be aware of.
- Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act, ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and, where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The POPI Act, which has more specific examples if you need them, can be found at the following link: www.gov.za/documents/download.php?f=204368
- Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
- Our Contacts
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it or need further information about our privacy practices, or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our web address: www.diamondtrainingschool.com or www.diamondtrainingschool.co.za