· This course is specially designed for the Business Person who does not have the time, to spend on our longer courses, but who wants to know how to value a Rough Diamond, and has the desire to gain knowledge and practical experience of the polishing process and related aspects.
· Prerequisite: Candidate must enrol for both Rough Diamond Evaluation and Diamond Polishing component. Cannot enrol for the 6 week polishing only.
· This is not a course to attend if the Candidate wants to become/work as a Diamond Polisher/Cutter.
· It is mainly a practical course – hands-on training, where the student/learners taught to understand the characteristics and the various qualities on a variety of Rough Diamonds, so that he/she can, with the necessary time, determination and diligence make meaningful decisions regarding the valuation of rough diamonds and the polishing process.
· Students/Learners are provided with the tools and equipment for the duration of the course. (All the tools and equipment remain the schools property.)
· 8 Weeks
· Monday to Friday
· 08:00- 15:00
What will it cost me?
The course fee is R35 918.50 ( Includes: Rough Diamond Evaluation Course Fee and VAT)
Excludes: Printed Hard Copy of the Rough Evaluation Manual. It can be purchased for R 270.00
What will I get?
On successful completion of the course, you will receive Certificates of Completion for both components from Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School.
Important information that I need to know?
Application must be made in advance as only a limited number of seats are available per class.
Identification book or Passport is required to enter the Diamond Centre.
Only a limited number of candidates can be accommodated.
A registration deposit of 50% is payable to secure the candidates place.
Full course fees to be paid before the class commencement.
Fees are non-refundable after the commencement date.
Candidate must arrange their own transport and accommodation.
Cancellation must be done in writing at least 5 working days prior to the start date of the course. If not Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School reserves the right to charge the full course fee.